Easily Enable Any STEAM Game with a Single Click
Your STEAM games will automatically load into DIMM Drive, making them quick and easy to enable for lightning fast loading and game play.
Simply Drag & Drop Any Game or Application
Drag any application or game shortcut and drop it into DIMM Drive and that’s it. You can use ANY programs too including Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and any game!
Fully Customizable Drive Sizes and More...
DIMM Drive places your game files in RAM, drastically increasing your in-game loading times and reducing lag. You can customize how much RAM you want to use, which game or program files you want loaded into RAM, and much more!
How Does DIMM Drive Work?
WITHOUT DIMM DRIVE...
Everytime your game needs new assets (moving to a new level, increasing view distance, etc.) they load slowly from the Hard Drive into the RAM, then uses the data and discards it when it is no longer needed.
When you save games they are stored directly to the HDD, generating more wait times.
WITH DIMM DRIVE...
DIMM Drive creates a virtual drive and preloads all game assets into RAM. Whenever your game needs files, they are quickly loaded from the RAM drive, reducing and even eliminating load times. The data is never discarded, allowing the game to reuse it instead of loading it again.
Savegames are instantly stored in the RAM drive, which then synchronizes them to the HDD without affecting your game play and protecting you from data loss in case of an unexpected shutdown.
How Fast is DIMM Drive?
“DIMM Drive is Hands Down the BEST RAM Disk Software for Gaming”
Dimmdrive is the only RAM disk software built specifically for gaming. Integrated with Steam, the biggest PC gaming community plaform, Dimmdrive includes custom configurations and syncs your savegames to your hard drive and Steam Cloud as well.
While other programs restrict the complete use of RAM to their own brand modules, DIMM Drive can allocate the maximum quantity recognized for your OS, up to 256GB in Windows 8 Enterprise and Professional.
Additionally, if your PC contains a relatively slow hard drive, you can further boost system performance using Dimmdrive's USB3 Turbo Mode.
“DIMM Drive speeds up your game when loading data from disk. It works on games and any other programs. SSD speeds are not fast enough, even if we tend to think of SSD as fast, they’re still a bottleneck in your computer.”
Sveinung1 - DIMM Drive User
“Very functional and simple software designed with us gamers in mind. Time is money and this software saves me a lot of time setting up a RAMdisk solution. Highly Recommend”
DV8ingr - DIMM Drive User
“Bought this on impulse, thinking it was a risk. However, I'm really satisfied. It is very easy to use and really stable. If you have more than 8GB of RAM, I highly recommend it.”
Narigone - DIMM Drive User
“Great program and works as advertised. Very simple to use (assuming you take a few minutes to read the docs) and great integration with Steam. Highly recommended.”
Sir Loinsteak - DIMM Drive User
Guaranteed to Speed Up Your Gaming or Your Money Back!
We’re so confident DIMM Drive will dramatically increase the loading and speed of your games that we offer a full 60-Day Money Back Guarantee. If for any reason within 60 days if you’re unsatisifed for any reason please contact us for a complete no-questions-asked refund.
Frequently Asked Questions
- A 64bit PC running Windows 7 or above, with any CPU, with at least more RAM than your OS+programs use. Dimmdrive can use any amount of RAM, from 256MB to 256GB.
- Dimmdrive is a single purchase. No renewals, new hidden fees, no nothing. Buy it once and enjoy all the benefits of the continual updates we are releasing.
- Heck no! Dimmdrive was built blazingly efficient, and as such, we only support up to date 64bit Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10!
- This varies based on your system. We've tested on 4 systems with $1k systems benching more than 7000MB/s, to $4k+ systems reaching 11,000MB/s. Further, we've had reports from users able to hit 14000MB/s! My personal gaming rig sits right around 8500MB/s to 9000MB/s. I highly encourage you check our Forums to see what customers are benching at!
- Of course! You can either click/drag programs into the “APPS” area of Dimmdrive, or drag a folder there, or simply bypass Dimmdrive's built-in system and launch an empty RAMdrive by simply selected the size and clicking ON!
- he more RAM you have, the better. It really boils down to what you are using it for. Also, Dimmdrive has a feature we call “Less RAM?” which enables you to selectively pick which files in a game you want to go blazing fast. This feature alone can take a 10GB game and slim it down to 4GB-ish by removing video/intro files, sound files, and other non-essential files that do not need to go blazing fast. If you are doing light gaming, we recommend having 6GB+ RAM. If you are doing heavy gaming, we recommend 8-16GB. If you are using Dimmdrive for things like Audio/Visual scratch disk, you typically will want 2GB or more for that. As with everything PC related, the more RAM, the better!
- Have more questions? Visit our Forums.